A Cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information it contains and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize to user.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating the navigation and usability of our website.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Next, the cookies are classified according to a series of categories. However, it is necessary to bear in mind that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
- Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them
Depending on who is the entity that manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies.- They are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies.- These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher himself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies..
- Types of cookies according to the period they remain activated
- Session cookies.- They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies.- They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Types of cookies according to their purpose
- Technical cookies.- They are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it.
- Personalization cookies.- They are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal.
- Analysis cookies.- They are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked..
- Advertising cookies.- They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as content edited or how often ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies.- They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
In accordance with the provisions of article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), BÁSCULAS Y ARCAS CATALUNYA, SA informs of the cookies used in our website:
|TYPE OF COOKIES|
|Own Cookies||Third Party Cookies||Session Cookies||Persistent Cookies|
|Corporate Advertising Cookies|
Below we detail the types of cookies that are used:
- Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google, which allows the measurement and analysis of navigation on web pages. According to the previous typology, these are third-party, persistent and analysis cookies.
- Google Tag Manager, it is not a classifiable cookie. It is a tag management system that allows you to quickly update snippets of website code, such as those that analyze or optimize marketing campaigns or traffic. According to the previous typology, these are third-party, persistent and analysis cookies
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES IN THE MOST USED BROWSERS
Likewise, BÁSCULAS Y ARCAS CATALUNYA, SA informs the user that they have the possibility of configuring their browser so that they are informed of the receipt of cookies, being able, if they so wish, to prevent them from being installed on their hard drive.
Next, we provide you with the links of various browsers, through which you can make said configuration:
Explorer versions 7 i 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-ES/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Safari 5.1 (OS X Lion): http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?viewlocale=es_ES
Safari (IOS): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES